Beaded Christmas decorations
Every year I make some decorations for my tree and this year I’m making a few of these seed bead and pearl decorations to match my current colour scheme.
These designs are from my book Simply Sparkling Christmas Beading and are very easy to make. The delica spiral is worked on a bead loom using 0.4mm wire instead of warp threads with 0.2mm wire to weave across. The pearl spiral uses a thicker 0.7mm wire with bell cone findings to hide the ends.
- Begin in the middle of the wire warps and shade the beads gradually
- Shape the end by shortening the rows by one bead at a time
- Turn the loom round to complete the other end
- Make a hanging loop with delicas and sew in the wire tails
- Wrap the beading around a wooden spoon to shape